CONTRIBUTING TO THE GOVERNMENTMISSION TO REDUCE ROAD ACCIDENTS
India is one of the fastest-growing automobile markets in the world, along with a rapidly expanding roads and highway network. With more automobiles in all classes being introduced each month, the corresponding rate of accidents is also very high and regrettably, increasing.
OVER 150000 PEOPLE DIED ON INDIAN ROADS IN 2016 WHICH IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST IN THE WORLD
- India witnessed 17 deaths & 55 road accidents every hour in 2016 – one of the highest in the world.
- There has been an increase of 3.3% in Road accidents in 2016 as compared to 2015.
- Overspeeding and Talking on mobile phones are the two main reasons for Road fatalities.
- Overspeeding accounted for 66% of road accidents and 61% of deaths.
- Two-wheelers, cyclists & pedestrians are involved in maximum accidents.
- Approx 50% of the road fatalities victims in 2016 were in the age group of 18-35 years.
- Road accidents cost India about 3% of its gross domestic product every year
- 96 % of Accidents are caused by Unsafe Driving Behaviour and not because of the unsafe condition of the road or vehicle
SOME OF THE HUMAN ERRORS WHICH CAUSE ACCIDENTS ARE
Study says that these human factors can be worked upon & the trend of accidents can be arrested and even reversed through appropriate Safety interventions
Lack of Awareness & Insensitiveness
Use of Mobile Phones
Red Light Jumping / Poor Lane Management
Avoiding the Use of Safety Features
Green arrows with its enriched experience can support Organisations in implementing road safety policies within the organization, stakeholders, and society and ensuring people’s safety. We are committed to achieving the government mission to bring down accidents by 50 % in next 2020 through the following Services:
- Road Safety Training & Projects
- EHS Inspections & Audits
- Road safety Awareness Programs Designed For Schools & Colleges
- Content Development
ROAD SAFETY AWARENESS PROGRAMS DESIGNED FOR SCHOOLS & COLLEGES
Green arrows act as a catalyst to help schools, and colleges imbibe Road Safety in students through various learning methodologies.
One of the leading newspapers once quoted: A child who learns about traffic rules and road discipline will grow up to be a law-abiding citizen. The habit of obeying traffic rules teaches a person a sense of responsibility, empathy for others and respect the other person’s rights,”
Schools need to play a wider role in ensuring road safety by properly educating and informing students about the importance of road safety. It’s vitally important to help shape children and young people’s understanding of and attitudes towards road safety, to help give them the best chance of keeping safe while they’re young and as they get older.
Not only this, the recent unfortunate happenings in schools has shocked the entire nation. Our children must be sensitized towards physical violence & abuse, medical emergencies, the use of first aid kit, natural calamities, etc.
Green arrows invite corporates to support Road Safety Programs for schools as their CSR projects to build a better & safer India.